Marketing a business online can mean a lot of things because there’s are lots of ways to do it.
- Content Marketing: which means information you deliver on your website which makes your site valuable to readers (and viewers in the case of video) and also gets the attention of the search engines.
- Blogging: which is an extension of content marketing. Blogging is like adding more content to your website continually, as this article is adding informational content. Blogging can also include adding content to someone else’s blog. This is called “guest blogging” and a very smart tactic.
- Video Marketing: Leveraging YouTube or any other video site (YouTube is most important to any marketing effort) is powerful because it combines a social element to the 2nd most powerful search engine behind Google which is YouTube.
- Social Media Marketing: which is establishing, maintaining and being socially active on social sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and others.
- Search Engine Optimization: which covers several aspects of on online presence including keywords, key phrases, onsite content, website development style, multiple websites, black links and other strategies which can be done outside your own online properties.
- Pay-Per-Click: which means having a link to your website on other high-traffic websites (like Google) which you pay for only when someone clicks the link.
- Banner Ads: Having a link to your website which you pay for, usually on a monthly basis as you would a print ad.
The list goes on but the idea I’m trying to explain is, I would be very leery of firms with pretty websites who market themselves as a “one-stop shop” for internet marketing services. It’s very difficult to do all these things right. You know the old saying: “Jack of all trades-master of none”.
In my real-world online marketing experience, I learned ONE aspect of driving attention to my business which paid off. Then I learned another, and another. Each one of these took my business to a new level. At a certain point, they start working together and the synergy between them takes you to yet another level. You don’t need to do it all and you certainly don’t need to do it all at once.
In my free online marketing consultation, I will learn about your business, your current status and overall online presence so I can make a set of practical recommendations which will put you on a path to a positive return on your marketing investments, change your business and your life.
Click here to get this free service or fill in the form below. There is no pushy salesmanship just because I deliver this valuable consultative report.